WORKING AT COPPER RUN
Copper Run currently has offices in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland, Ohio, serving clients throughout the United States. We believe in honesty, integrity, and hard work, and are laser-focused on delivering an elite client experience. We value team members who are ready to go all in, who push themselves every day to be the best in their field, and who approach each client interaction with respect, curiosity, and a sense of responsibility.
JOIN THE TEAM
Copper Run’s greatest asset are its people. We are constantly looking for motivated, curious, and organized individuals to join our team.
Spring 2024 – Cleveland Office Only – Part-time or Full-Time Currently accepting resumes until December 8th
Summer 2024 – Closed – All Positions Filled
Fall 2024 – We are not currently accepting resumes. Please check back beginning in March 2024 when that recruitment window will open.
- We offer internships throughout the year:
- Full-time offered by semester (Summer, Fall, Winter/Spring)
- M-F (9:00 – 6:00); 40 hours
- Part-time offered during the academic year
- Days and hours negotiated based on academic schedule and firm needs, with a minimum of 15 hours per week and typically at least three days in the office
- We do not offer remote internships
After a comprehensive interview process, individuals selected for our internship will gain hands-on experience with buy-side and sell-side engagements, working alongside dedicated investment banking professionals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Your primary role is to support the deal team members in driving engagements and contribute to assigned special projects
- As a part of the deal team, you’ll conduct extensive market research to find acquisition targets or potential buyers that match the desired client profile
- You will assemble marketing materials, draft confidential information memoranda, put together pitchbooks, spread financial statements, and work on valuations
- Of exceptional value is the ability to sit in on calls, including intro calls, client update calls, and cold calls, to learn what to say, when to say it, and how to professionally connect with our clients and prospects
- College-level coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Previous work experience where you excelled in your duties (does not need to be industry-related)
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and works with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet task deadlines
- Excellent team player with effective oral and written communications skills
- Connects quickly with others
- Dedicated to learning; inquisitive
- Fundamental understanding of financial statements a plus
- Experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint required, with the ability to quickly learn company-specific software
HOW TO APPLY: READ IN FULL BEFORE APPLYING
- Important: If you are interested in or potentially available for multiple semester, apply only for the earliest semester you are available. Please note in your email all the semester you could be available for an internship. Please do not apply separately for each semester/year.
- All resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should have the subject Spring 2024 Internship or Summer 2024 Internship, based on the role for which you are applying.
Our firm is continuing to grow and is always looking for bankers who can immediately help execute on our excess deal flow as well as support our business development.
Experience in investment banking, commercial banking, corporate finance, or similar fields; A track record of:
- Sourcing Deals – including the ability to originate leads, market the firm to the potential client, and manage the engagement letter negotiation process
- Marketing Deals – utilizing strong communication skills and the eagerness to personally contact potential counterparties for deals
- Completing Transactions – including the ability to compile marketing materials, structure transactions, and successfully negotiate transactions, especially through the inevitable roadblocks
- Capable of effectively leading multiple day-to-day client relationships with the CEOs/business owners over long periods of time and multiple client engagements
- Ability to market transactions to private equity firms, strategic buyers, etc., with the ideal candidate already possessing solid relationships with said parties but not mandatory
- Self-motivated, personable (both with clients and colleagues), enjoys networking, and has a strong work ethic
- Ability to have fun
- FINRA Series 79, 7, and 63 a plus but not mandatory to start.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com with the subject line Experienced Investment Banker.
Copper Run is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and evaluate each on the basis of job qualification. We do not consider race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy shall apply to all phases of the employment relationship including hiring, upgrading, promoting, disciplining, transferring, reducing in force, terminating, and compensating personnel. Furthermore, Copper Run will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
Copper Run offers a comprehensive benefits package and perks for being part of the team.
- Friendly, energetic, casual-yet-professional work environment
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Incentive bonus opportunity for all plus commission structure for applicable positions
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution and annual profit-sharing component
- Flexible Time Off (exempt) and Paid Time Off (non-exempt)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible schedule
- Lunch is on us – We shift between catered meals and individual ordering from area restaurants. This is a great time to downshift and hang with the team while fueling up for a great afternoon. We also provide snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- We like to have fun – Join in a Happy Hour or take part in our company outings and events. We’ve traveled to Keeneland to watch the horse races, gone paint-balling, and hosted our own Copper Run Olympics and picnic – just to name a few.
- We treat you as a professional – This means we trust you to do the work necessary to get the job done at our valued Wall-Street execution level. We do not micromanage, but we do provide feedback.
- We value you as an individual – We are not unique as an investment bank in the value we place on hard work. We are unique as an investment bank in the value we place on balance for our employees. We care about you outside of what you can produce.